What kind of information do we collect?
We collect information about you in several ways in order to meet our goal to provide you with the information and services that are most relevant to you. We automatically collect general usage information about all visitors to determine the number and frequency of visitors to the site and its areas. This information includes the type of browser or search engine you are using, traffic patterns on the site, and site usage. We only use such information in the aggregate and may provide this statistical information to our advertisers, partners, sponsors, affiliates and the general public. We may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
Registration. You may provide us with certain information such as your name, e-mail address, home or business address, when you subscribe to one of our services or request information. We may also request additional information from you in order to provide you with a more personalized experience when using the services. This information will be used internally by us to provide you with your requested services and to provide you the opportunity to receive information and notices about other services that we may provide. We will not provide this information to unauthorized third parties.
Questionnaires and Surveys. You may provide us with information in questionnaires, interviews and surveys including but not limited to, your real estate transaction, our marketing systems, listing systems, buyer systems, referral systems, office procedures, customer service, client retention and business planning. This information may be compiled in the aggregate and provided to our members, advertisers, partners, sponsors and affiliates.
Contests and Sweepstakes. We may, on occasion, run contests and sweepstakes and other promotions on our site or through our subscribed services in which we request entrants to provide their name, address, e-mail address or phone number. In some cases, entrants may be required to answer survey questions about a range of topics. This information will be used to verify the entrant’s identity and to communicate with entrants. We will not share any of the entrant’s personal contact or identifying information with any unauthorized third party. We may make information about entrants available in aggregated form to advertisers, partners, sponsors, affiliates and the general public. The identity of any winners from our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions may be disclosed in accordance with the contest, sweepstakes or promotions’ rules.
Correspondence. If you send us e-mails or letters, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How do we use and disclose your information?
In general we do not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties without your permission. We may use your personal information as follows:
- By providing your personal information, we can process and fulfill your requests and notify you of your request status. We can also provide you with ongoing customer support and assistance.
- We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our other products and services, important feature updates to the site, and any other special offers or advertisements that we think you will find of interest.
- We may disclose aggregated data to our advertisers, partners, sponsors, affiliates and the general public to generate reports and marketing research. This information will not include personally identifiable information about you without your consent. You may choose to disclose your personal information to our sponsors, affiliates or partners when you respond to individual promotions or advertisements. If you request additional information on a third party’s products or services, you authorize us to send your personal information to that third party so that they may fulfill your request.
- We use your information and cookies to deliver personalized services, content, promotions, and advertisements to enhance your experience with our site. We may provide you with e-mail updates or newsletters to provide you with information about site upgrades, new features, events, promotions, special offers and more. You have the option to e-mail us to opt out of receiving future e-mails.
- If you request products or services offered through our site, the provider of the product or service will receive your personal information in order to complete your order. These providers have separate privacy and data collection practices and we have no responsibility for their policies.
- We may disclose your personal information when we reasonably believe that disclosure is required by law or other legal authorities. We may also disclose your personal information when we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights or property rights, our users’ rights or the rights of others.
- Appropriate security measures are in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.